These five skincare tips will give you the glow throughout summer.
Summer is here, and we can feel the sun on our skin at last! How amazing does it feel to bask outside on a hot day again? And what about that lovely light summer breeze? Despite our burning desire to relax on holiday and live a more care-free lifestyle, it’s important that we give our skin the extra care and attention it needs. Wondering how to get your skin summer ready and care for it throughout the season? The Susanne Kaufmann experts are here to help!
- How do I avoid skin impurities on my arms and back?
Blemished skin on the tops of your arms is formally known as keratosis pilaris, but often referred to as chicken skin. This occurs when your hair follicles become blocked. It is easy enough to treat if you stick to a skincare routine involving a gentle Body Scrub and a moisturising Body Lotion. Gently cleanse the affected areas in the morning and evening, before giving them a massage as your apply the body lotion. You only need to use the scrub once or twice a week. Apply the scrub in a gentle stroking motion rather than rubbing your skin too hard to avoid aggravating the skin.
Blemishes and impurities on your back may be caused by tight clothing. Spending too long in a reclined sitting position can also stop the flow of air around your back. During the summer months, try to wear loose clothing and avoid synthetic fibers if you can. When you take a shower, make sure that you rinse off every last bit of shampoo, conditioner, and other products from the top of your back as leftover product can often be the cause of blemishes in this area. Impurities on your back can also be treated by using a gentle body scrub and light body lotion. The Susanne Kaufmann Body Scrub contains fine sea sand and pumice stone powder to cleanse the skin and promote circulation. The highly active ingredients from echinacea, St. John’s wort, and pansy have a soothing and regenerating effect, while minimising pores. The Susanne Kaufmann Body Lotion pampers and nourishes the skin with essences of chamomile, sage, St. John’s wort, yarrow, and marshmallow. Botanical hyaluronic acid and poppy seed oil hydrate and nourish the skin, making it soft and supple.
- Body Lotion, our After Sun Gel Moisturising, or a body oil that you can massage into your skin while it’s still slightly wet. We can highly recommend our Antioxidant Oil with blueberry extract, which is rich in antioxidants and boosts the skin’s defences against aggressive external influences by keeping the cell membranes healthy. It also minimises the signs of ageing.
- Conditioner Volume is a nourishing treatment that combines silk amino acids and highly effective botanical active ingredients to treat your hair to the moisture, minerals, and nutrients it really needs.
- Face Gel Matte moisturises the skin and keeps it smooth and firm. Its lightweight texture makes it the perfect daily moisturiser for the summer. Your skin can breathe freely, and it gives you a wonderful glow!
- tea are best. Add a squirt of lemon juice to your drink to keep your acid-alkaline balance in check. A few drops of concentrated trace minerals will top up your mineral intake, which are often compromised by sweating and alcohol consumption. If you hydrate your body, your skin will look and feel plumper, hydrated and a natural glow will shine from within.
Discover the product range here: www.susannekaufmann.com