Read about our values and what we are doing to champion sustainable beauty.
One of our important values at Susanne Kaufmann is to never compromise anything when it comes to our products. From sourcing and production of our natural formulas, to our promise for the highest quality and effectiveness of our products. And of course, the use of only the best sustainable production technologies and processes. In everything we do, we never compromise our world to bring our products to you. We have the utmost respect for nature and people. Bezau is surrounded by fascinating nature, which has inspired Susanne's philosophy and the lifestyle of her employees for generations. Here are some of our principles that we are proud to share with you:
Our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a kind and inclusive world for all our employees. We treat all employees equally to offer the same opportunities across the board, ensuring that equal opportunities are given to both men and women in the workplace. At Susanne Kaufmann, we offer flexible working hours in order to allow our employees to balance both home and work life. Since the company was founded, we have donated a percentage of our annual turnover to social, cultural, and scientific causes. Allowing opportunities for our employees to learn, train and educate themselves about these causes was always a focus of ours.
Since she was a young girl, Susanne Kaufmann has always championed the healing power of plants and their natural active ingredients. Knowledge of the healing effects of plants has been passed down from generation to generation in Susanne’s hometown, the Bregenzerwald in western Austria. At Susanne Kaufmann, the main ingredients we use in our skincare line come from the strongest-acting alpine plants in the region.
Our Production Technology and Manufacturing Process.
The latest findings from research and production technology help us to gently extract the most effective ingredients from plants without affecting their efficacy. That’s why we only use cold-pressing to process our plant-derived ingredients. This ensures that the bioactive properties are preserved, whilst also ensuring the optimal particle size is achieved. Furthermore, this facilitates easy application of the products and rapid absorption by the skin.
For over 17 years, our natural cosmetics have been produced with Ingo Metzler, who are pioneers in producing organic and natural cosmetics. Our current range is manufactured using environmentally friendly production technologies and processes at the Metzler factory, which is a 15-minute drive from our headquarters in Bezau. We believe in absolute transparency and are happy to give tours of the production site. Susanne regularly shares an insight into the production of the skincare line as part of a tour, and always happy to answer any questions you may have.
For us, it is of paramount importance that while we are using the power of nature for our products, our impact on the environment should be as small as possible.
With that in mind:
- We source our plant-based ingredients from the Bregenzerwald and all our other ingredients come from the local area too.
- We make sure that our bottles and jars are made from glass that can be easily recycled where possible. When we are forced to use plastic, you can rest assured that it will have already been recycled and that we will have sourced it from Austria or Germany.
- Our cardboard packaging is produced locally to ensure that jobs are guaranteed at a regional level. And it goes without saying that it will be fully recyclable.
- All our production facilities are run on solar power.
We make highly effective skin-care products with natural active ingredients without losing sight of the highest environmental standards.
We promise the utmost quality in raw materials and processing in every product phase – from start to finish. That is why Susanne Kaufmann still checks every batch of products herself.
We produce highly effective products without damaging the environment.
We believe in pure beauty, which is why our products:
- CONTAIN cold-pressed formulations packed with active ingredients, natural antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Are FREE FROM parabens, minerals, artificial aromas, softeners (phtalates), gluten, artificial colours, fillers, binders, sulphates, and silicone.
- Are NOT tested on animals! They are also NOT available in countries where animal testing is permitted.